Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or alternatively you view our frequently asked questions

Contact Us

Do I need planning permission?

Certain types of works can be carried out without requiring the need to apply for planning
permission (carried out under permitted development), these are driven my central governmentrather than the local authority. Generally applying to residential houses and excludes properties in conservation areas.

Types of works covered under permission development:

– Single storey rear extension between 3-6 meters.
– Loft conversion including the building of dormers up to 50m3
– Outbuilding

What Is Building Control?

Building control or appointed officer are responsible for ensuring the said construction works are carried out in accordance with current building regulations. They carry out interval inspections of the property and sign off at the end once the works are complete and to building regulation standards. The certificate is important to prove that the property meets current regulations and is required when selling or re-mortgaging your property.

Do I need a Party Wall Agreement?

Certain works are covered under the Party Wall etc. Act, these are typically building up to the line of junction (boundary line), carrying out works to the party wall or excavating within a three to six-meter radius of any neighbour structures/buildings. We can assist in serving party wall notices to the neighbours and where appropriate offer assistance should you not receive positive consent from the neighbours.